ENERGY INDEPENDENCE AND SECURITY ACT OF 2007 (EISA)
Amendments to the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act (PURPA)
The United Cooperative Services Board of Directors has initiated a process to review standards as required by the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007. A resolution, timeline and notice of proceeding was approved at the Board of Directors’ September Board Meeting, held in Stephenville, Texas on September 29, 2008. The notice of proceeding has appeared in the November issue of Texas Co-op Power as well as in local newspapers throughout United’s territory. The notice, while the response date has passed, can be accessed by clicking the Notice of Proceeding link in the downloads section below. The most current timeline for completion of this process can be accessed by clicking HERE.
- Board Resolution (Adopted/Posted on September 29, 2008)
- Original Timeline for Resolution (Adopted/Posted on September 29, 2008) – Note: a new timeline has been established – see the bottom of this page for newest postings…
- Notice of Proceeding (Adopted/Posted on September 29, 2008)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Posted on November 14, 2008)
- Record of Posting (Posted on February 23, 2009)
- Updated Timeline for Resolution (Posted Feb. 23, 2009)
- Updated Timeline for Resolution (Posted March 20, 2009)
- Staff’s Recommendations Relating to Standards to Board of Directors to be covered with the Board of Directors at its March 30, 2009 Board Meeting, also providing notice of a public hearing to occur on April 9, 2009, 11:00 a.m., at United’s headquarters in Cleburne, Texas. (Posted March 20, 2009)
- Staff’s Recommendations Relating to Standards to Board of Directors was covered with the Board of Directors at its March 30, 2009 Board Meeting. United’s Board of Directors discussed the Staff’s Recommendations and had no suggestions for changes at this point. The Board will review any comments received from Members prior to approval of Staff’s Recommendations. (Posted April 9, 2009).
- A public hearing was held on April 9, 2009, at United Electric Cooperative Service’s headquarters beginning at 11:15 am to hear and consider any Member comments concerning the Staff’s Recommendation relating to the standards. Click here to view the presentation that was available for review at the public hearing that was also shown at the March 30, Board Meeting. Click here to listen to the audio file of the hearing. (Posted April 9, 2009, updated with audio file on April 17, 2009).
- Staff’s Final Recommendation Relating to Standards to Board of Directors was presented at the May 18, 2009 regularly scheduled May Board of Directors meeting.
- The Board of Directors met for its regularly scheduled monthly board meeting on May 18, 2009. During the meeting, the Board of Directors considered and accepted by Resolution the Final Determination Relating to the Standards.
Publication Name Publish Date
|Alvarado Star||Nov. 6, 2008|
|Bosque County News||Nov. 5, 2008|
|Burleson Star||Nov. 2, 2008 Nov. 5, 2008|
|Cleburne Times Review||Nov. 2, 2008|
|Clifton Record||Nov. 5, 2008|
|Dublin Citizen||Nov. 6, 2008|
|Fort Worth Star-Telegram||Nov. 3, 2008|
|Grandview Tribune||Nov. 7, 2008|
|Hood County News||Nov. 5, 2008|
|Joshua Star||Nov. 6, 2008|
|Keene Star||Nov. 6, 2008|
|Lake Country Sun||Nov. 7, 2008|
|Mineral Wells Index||Nov. 2, 2008|
|Stephenville Empire-Tribune||Nov. 2, 2008|
|Texas Co-op Power||November 2008|