Youth Tour Application
For more than 40 years, United Cooperative Services, Texas Electric Cooperative and the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association have co-sponsored a Youth Tour of Washington, D.C. United again will sponsor two delegates this year. The students selected for the trip will visit important landmarks as they travel to our nation’s capital, where they will join more than 1,500 delegates from across the nation. This will provide an avenue for each representative to learn and become familiar with our government’s operation and history.
1) This contest is open to full-time students (sophomores, juniors and seniors between 14-19 years of age) who attend a high school or are home-schooled in United’s service area. The applicant is not required to be a member of United Cooperative Services.
2) Winners of any past Youth Tour are not eligible to enter. Immediate families of United employees or directors are not eligible to enter.
3) Each contestant should complete and submit this online application.
4) Applicants are required to submit two letters of reference (one of which must come from a current teacher, principal or other school administrator).
5) Original submissions must be submitted to United via e-mail to YouthTour@united-cs.com.
6) All required materials must be received by Feb. 8, 2018.
7) The top applicants will be notified by Feb. 14, 2018. These applicants will be required to submit a parental release form, which must be mailed directly to United. United’s two winners will be selected by an internal panel of judges on or before Feb. 22, 2018. Winners will be required to submit additional information online (link is external) by Feb. 28, 2018.
8) Email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the documents to: United Cooperative Services; Attn: Jeff Pannell; P.O. Box 16; Cleburne, TX 76033.