United Cooperative Services’ commitment to Energy Innovation continues to grow stronger. This year, that’s being demonstrated through an expanded rebate program that paves the way for members to waste less energy and hold onto precious energy dollars. United's Energy Innovation Rebate Program is more robust than ever, and now includes substantial monetary rebates, complimentary energy-saving resources and a dedicated team of Energy Innovation experts prepared to perform free energy analyses at member homes. The program has something for just about everyone, so take advantage of these generous member benefits.
Energy Innovation rebates are available only for qualifying purchases and/or services. The availability of the Energy Innovation Rebate Program is limited, and rebates will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. When funds have been depleted, the Energy Innovation Rebate Program no longer will be available until the next year, pending board approval. To be eligible, members must submit this form and required documentation for rebates within 60 days of the completion of construction and/or installation. Receipts for every rebate must be submitted with an application. By signing this form, the member agrees the equipment listed on this form has been selected and installed in accordance with United Cooperative Services’ Energy Innovation Rebate Program guidelines. Homeowners and/or contractor(s) understand that prior to issuance of payment, the equipment’s efficiency rating will be verified and approved by a United representative using Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute's (AHRI) Directory of Certified Product Performance. Homeowners and contractors also acknowledge there is a $1,200 cap on the total rebate amount per home. United reserves the right to conduct on-site inspections.
The following items are eligible for rebates under United’s 2018 Energy Innovation Rebate Program and are based on individual pieces of equipment for new residential construction, and full replacement upgrades made to existing HVAC equipment. TOTAL REBATES PER HOME ARE CAPPED AT $1,200.
Fuel Conversion Rebate
Switch from liquid propane (LP) or gas and receive $100.**
- To qualify, replace a LP or gas water heater with a NEW electric tank water heater. Minimum installation size is a 40-gallon tank (no tankless).
- To qualify, replace a LP or gas central HVAC system with a NEW electric heat pump. No minimum SEER restrictions. Must be a complete system change-out (inside and outside units).
** Heat pump water heaters and heat pump HVAC systems may qualify for additional rebates. Please see heat pump water heater and air-source heat pump rebate sections.
Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger
50 percent up to $500 on a Level 2 (240 Volt) EV Charger
- Equipment must be new
- Must be a member of United (EV charger must be installed at a location served by United)
- Member must sign up to receive "Beat the Peak" notifications via text messages
- Charging equipment must have programmable capability that can be set for delayed charge to avoid charging during peak hours (peak hours are 4-7 p.m. May-October)
- United reserves the right to perform site visits to verify installation and charge time settings
AIR-SOURCE HEAT PUMP
- Minimum SEER of 16.0 — $200
- Minimum SEER of 17.0 — $300
- Minimum SEER of 18.0 — $400
- Minimum SEER of 19.0 or higher — $500
*No rebates are given for central air/strip heat systems (electric furnaces). Complete system change-outs required for retrofit rebates.
GEOTHERMAL/GROUND-SOURCE HEAT PUMP
Minimum EER of 11.0
Residential members are eligible for one rebate (up to $100) per unit in 2018. Tune-ups must be performed by a qualified service professional and must include the following criteria:
- Checking and correcting the unit’s refrigerant pressure and tubing
- Checking and adjusting belt tension
- Cleaning and lubricating the indoor blower unit
- Replacing filters
- Cleaning inside the “A” coil
- Checking the thermostat, wiring, and other electric parts
A copy of the receipt from a qualified contractor stating that the work above was completed must be submitted to United. Members may request an energy audit conducted by United’s Energy Innovation experts prior to or after a tune-up.
SOLAR SCREENS REBATE: UP TO $50
● $5 per 3-by-five-foot window (or, per 15 square-feet of installed screen)
● 70 percent solar heat gain blockage required
● Excludes north-facing windows
● Free energy audit required prior to screen installation
SMART/LEARNING THERMOSTAT REBATE – UP TO $50
Residential only! Member must replace non-WiFi thermostat with a WiFi-enabled thermostat with learning capabilities. Not available for new homes. Energy audit required and/or provide United with invoice proving that prior thermostat was not WiFi-enabled or learning (Nest Labs, Honeywell Lyric, Lennox iComfort s30).
HEAT PUMP ELECTRIC WATER HEATERS
- 40-gallon minimum capacity
- 2.0 energy factor or above
*Rebates offered for new home construction and retrofit installations of heat pump electric water heaters only (No rebates are offered for gas, tankless and propane water heaters).
ATTIC INSULATION RETROFIT REBATE
Free energy audit required prior to installation for ALL retrofit insulation rebates.
- 2 cents per inch earned per square-foot of installed insulation
- Upon initial inspection, attic must have no more than eight inches of insulation
- Rebates paid only up to a maximum depth of 12 inches (EXAMPLE: 12 inches minus current insulation level in inches = inches eligible for rebate calculation)
ENERGY INNOVATION MEMBER RESOURCES
To assist members in achieving energy-saving goals, United offers a number of Energy Innovation products. These products are free and available only while supplies last. Typically, these products can be obtained during a free home energy audit or, in some cases, at the receptionists’ desks at United’s six offices.
- Light-emitting diodes (LEDs, 60-watt equivalent)
- Compact fluorescent lightbulbs (CFLs, limited quantities)
- Low flow shower head (to reduce water heater energy consumption)
- Low-flow faucet aerators
- Water heater blankets (energy audit required)
Energy Innovation rebates are available only for qualifying purchases and/or services. The availability of the Energy Innovation Rebate Program is limited and rebates will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. When funds have been depleted, the Energy Innovation Rebate Program will no longer be available until the next year, pending board approval. Members must submit this form and required documentation to be eligible for rebates within 60 days of the completion of construction and/or installation.
The rebate will be paid after United has received completed forms and verification (which may include an insulation card or invoice showing type and level of purchased insulation). United reserves the right to make on-site inspection of any equipment submitted for a rebate. Payment is made to the person who filed for program participation. Any other payment arrangements must be submitted in writing by the homeowner or developer.
All water heater efficiency ratings are based on the ratings shown in the AHRI Directory. A licensed dealer or contractor must install the heating/cooling systems. SEER ratings are based on the AHRI Directory for single-family residential use. To qualify for United’s HVAC equipment rebate, both heat pump components—indoor (coil) unit and outdoor (condenser) unit—must be properly matched and determined by the AHRI Directory. Rebates will not be considered when only one component is replaced.
To participate in United Cooperative Services’ Rebate Program or for more information, please contact:
Rebate Program Office
Phone: (817) 556-4063